River Place Vision Center
At River Place Vision Center, our optometrist has years of experience providing residents of Austin, TX, with reliable vision care. Our team strives to provide the best in optometry care, and our dedication to keeping their patients informed and comfortable is a priority. The eye care services we provide include:
- Computer vision treatment: Excessive computer use has become a normal part of everyone’s lives and has resulted in eye problems for many people. Our optometrist can address these issues to find a solution.
- Contact lenses: Our optometrist will perform a comprehensive eye and vision exam. He will discuss the variety of contact lens options available to you to fit your vision needs and lifestyle. Contact lenses are available in the soft or rigid gas permeable form. Depending on the lens you select, they are changed daily, weekly, biweekly, or monthly. Bifocal contact lenses are available for those with special eye conditions. We also work with patients who are considered hard to fit.
- Dry eye treatment: If you have a problem with insufficient tear production, age, medications, auto-immune illnesses, or excessive computer use, your eyes are at risk for infection, injury, or ulceration which leads to scarring. Our optometrist will determine what is causing your dry eyes and provide the most effective possible treatment.
- Emergency eye care: River Place Vision Center provides 24-hour access to urgent eye care.
- Eye disorders: Our optometrist has extensive training and knowledge in the treatment of eye infections, conjunctivitis, foreign body in the eye, dry eye syndrome, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and cataracts.
- Eye exams: River Place Vision Center provides comprehensive eye care for the entire family. An early diagnosis and treatment can prevent vision loss. The American Optometric Association suggests yearly or bi-yearly eye exams, depending on your level of risk.
- Frames: Our vision professionals work with you to select the frames that fit your budget, lifestyle, and vision needs.
- Lazy eye (amblyopia): The leading cause of vision loss in young children, this condition causes the weaker eye to wander toward the nose or outward to the side of the face. We offer treatment for this condition.
- Scleral contact lenses: Certain eye conditions can prevent you from wearing soft contact lenses. Scleral lenses may be a viable alternative.
- Sports vision: Sports vision testing goes beyond standard eye tests. It helps athletes determine how well their eyes perform, which is vital to athletic performance.
- Sunglasses: UV and glare can create many issues with the eye, some serious and irreversible. Our optometrist will assist you in choosing your sunglasses.
Optometrist in Austin, TX
For more information on our ophthalmology services or to schedule an appointment, call us at (512) 343-2020.